Thank you to everyone who attended Saturday’s Coffee Morning and showing an interest in the group. The event was a great success and was very well attended, with residents from Arrowfield, Hough End, Nell Lane and New Barns, as well as representatives from Southway, the Police, the local councillors and MP John Leech. Highlights were definitely Elaine Wilkinson’s cookery demonstration and the grand prize raffle draw. There was a fantastic response and support from local businesses who donated prizes. Below is a list of winners and some snaps taken by Sam Foxton.
Most importantly, the date of the Group’s first public meeting is now on Monday 8th February, between 7 and 8pm at Loreto School. We hope to see you all there.
- TONY BETHELL : £40 meal for two voucher [provided by Gusto Restaurant & Bar, Didsbury];
- HELEN STACEY : £20 Morrisons voucher [provided by Southway];
- ELAINE WILKINSON : Tin of biscuits [provided by Southway];
- NINA NIKOLAIDES : Toaster & kettle [provided by Wates];
- ANGELA CUNNINGHAM : Christmas hamper [provided by Bramalls];
- BILL BAIN, ELLIE MOLE & LYNN : Selection of 10″ pizzas with a choice of toppings [provided by Star Pizza];
- JACKIE RICKETTS : Italian meal for two [provided by Due Fratelli];
- BOB STACEY : £5 Meat voucher [provided by J. Robinsons Butchers];
- NATHAN BIRKS : Selection of bottled beer and soft drinks [provided by Bargain Booze];
- TINA MURPHY : Sunbed session [provided by Premier Tan];
- MARY MERRITT & LISA OWEN : Large tins of Quality Street and Cadbury’s Roses [provided by the Co-op];
- AMINA KASAR : Toiletries Gift Set [provided by the Co-op Pharmacy];
- ANGELA McLARNEN : Bottles of red and white wine [provided by the Southern Hotel];
- JIM REID : £15 Indian Meal Voucher [provided by Premier Masala];
- MAVIS PURDY : 6 x 2l bottles of Cola [provided by Ali Supertore];
- SALLY-ANNE : Fish & Chips Meal [provided by Golden Star];
- PAULINE MURDOCK : Building Blocks [provided by the Hardware Store];
- SAM FOXTON : £10 Dry-Cleaning Voucher [provided by Press-On].